Thursday, June 3, 2010

First week of the Produce Share!


This week I picked up my first batch of fresh produce from Heron Pond Farm's CSA. Not a bad haul for the first week of June!

This week's share is perfect for two recipes: Strawberry Stuffed French Toast, and a delicious Cobb Salad.


I'm certain that you can all figure out from the picture how to make an Cobb Salad ... so I'll leave you with my new favorite salad dressing recipe:

Cilantro Green Goddess Dressing

Ina Garten modified this dressing, which traditionally includes tarragon, to include basil. I may not be as good of a cook as Ina Garten, but I figured I could make my own modifications. I had cilantro in my fridge, and no basil, so I used that. It turned out even better than I had hoped -- so much so, that I never even tried it with the basil ;). Cilantro has a much milder flavor than basil, but tastes very fresh. That, combined with the lemon juice and green onions, is a perfect accent to a Cobb Salad.

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped green onions (white and green parts; about 3-4)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
freshly squeezed juice from one lemon
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a food processor until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It keeps for a good week in the fridge, but tends to separate after that. Makes a little more than a cup. (And as you can tell, there is nothing "light" about this recipe-- this made plenty to serve 8 people for a side salad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment